We propose offer advice to have a healthy and strong spine at any time of the year. Changes in the rhythm of life, new activities, sports and changes in sleep schedules alter our body.
Traveling and carrying weight are also stress factors for the body. All these changes can lead to joint or muscle injuries such as lumbago, sciatica, torticollis… How to avoid these problems?
Watch your posture
– When carrying backpacks or suitcases, always keep an eye on your postures and balance the weight well.
– On long car trips, it is necessary to take regular breaks to stretch and walk.
– Make sure that the seat has good lumbar support.
– During and after an airplane trip, a good stretching session is recommended.
– Choose appropriate footwear for the activity to be performed.
About sports practice
– Start every sport session with a warm-up and end it with stretching.
– Know your health status before starting a new sport activity.
– Drink water or isotonic beverages, especially in the case of practicing outdoor activities.
– Avoid the hottest hours. It is better to do it early in the morning or late in the afternoon.
– Wear appropriate, light-colored clothing to avoid heat buildup as well as a hat or a cap.
Have healthy lifestyle habits
– Healthy and adapted diet: In every season of the year, it is important to maintain a healthy and balanced diet, without causing abrupt changes that could tire our organism.
–Increase consumption of fresh and healthy foods such as fruits, vegetables and salads, sources of antioxidants and fiber.
– Avoid excessive consumption of alcohol, sugar and fats.
– Limit or quit smoking.
Disconnect from the normal rhythm of life and stress.
– Take advantage of your leisure time to relax and enjoy your family and friends.
– Disconnect from your cell phone and computer.
How can you optimize your health and have a strong back?
Our team of Doctors of Chiropractic, as specialists of the spine and nervous system, are the best allies to advise and prepare you properly.
Treatments with manual adjustment of your spine allows you to optimize the general condition of your body and thus avoid injuries before or during your vacation.
Advice for parents
The Centre Chiropràctic de la Columna Vertebral recommends parents, taking advantage of the vacations, to have their children’s backs checked in order to prevent spinal problems such as scoliosis and kyphosis, so frequent in children and adolescents.
Special care must be taken to ensure that they sit correctly in front of the television and while using cell phones, tablets or other devices.
This concerns not only the children, but also the parents! Early detection is easier and a lot faster to treat.