“Low back pain, or lumbago as it is colloquially called, is pain in the lower back area, located between the last ribs and the gluteal area.”
There are many causes, but we could divide them into those of mechanical origin and those of inflammatory origin. The most frequent are those of mechanical origin, which occur due to the daily impositions, the structural modifications tolerated in a more or less important way according to the use we make of our spine. Those of inflammatory origin comes from certain diseases that produce an inflammation of the structures that form the spine.
It is a common ailment that affects 85% of the population at some point in their lives.
Depending on how long the pain lasts, it can be classified into three types:
- Chronic: for more than three months.
- Acute: lasting less than seven days.
- Recurrent: a series of acute episodes, recurring more or less regularly, at intervals of a few months or years.
It occurs due to alterations of the various structures that form the spine: ligaments, muscles, intervertebral discs, and vertebrae.
In general, after three to six months, the persistence of pain has different repercussions and symptomatology:
- Biological: joint stiffness and loss of muscle strength.
- Physical: limitation of the ability to walk, carry loads and weights, run, as well as an increase in time spent lying down.
- Psychological: anxiety, depression, loss of self-confidence, pessimism.
- Social: aggressiveness, intolerance, loss of employment, social isolation, among others.
“There are factors that aggravate low back pain such as sedentary lifestyles, lack of exercise, obesity, poor posture and excessive physical exertion typical of some jobs.”
At the Centre Chiropràctic de la Columna Vertebral the treatment will be adapted according to the needs of each patient and will be based on specific mechanical adjustments to restore the optimal functioning of the vertebral and nervous structures.
We will provide postural advice and recommend exercises adapted to your lifestyle, either work or sports, to maintain and make this change last and thus prevent the recurrence of pain.
the Doctor of Chiropractic will give you an adapted and complete solution to your low back pain, with the advantage of being a natural therapy, non-invasive and respectful with your body, which will benefit you physically and emotionally.